What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Day of School

So yesterday was the first day of school in Dane County.

I am student teaching again this semester (it is my last semester...yay me!!!). I am working in an Early Childhood classroom (it is basically a 3 and 4 year old special education classroom) and those kiddo's do not start until September 12th. Yay...no kids for the week.

I got to school yesterday morning to find out that our school had NO water. Yep...NO WATER! That means no washing your hands with soap and no potty breaks. So what did they do instead of canceling school? They rented porta-potties. Yep...porta potties. Not those nasty green porta-potties but what they call "suites." Really nice potties....music, running water, soap, and a flushable toilet. Apparently though they were not as nice today after being used yesterday by the WHOLE school (K-5th grade). Needless to say, I did not go potty at school today (gives me the jeebers just thinking about it).

Anywho...I am SO glad we do not have our kiddo's this week. I cannot imagine changing diapers and all those germs you have with 13 children in a classroom without having running water. Hand sanitizer just does not cut it.

They had half the parking lot closed off today and I am glad our classroom is towards the back of the school because they had the big truck drilling (or redrilling) our new well. For some reason it is out front of our school in the flowerbed. Yeah...great planning there guys.

So they are "supposed" to have the well done by Friday. If we do not have water, we might be postponing Early Childhood another week. It has definately been a learning experience and I cannot wait to have running water again at school. You really do not realize how many times you wash your hands during the day until you cannot.

I will keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home