What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Brother's Luck

Poor Steele.

Melinda's parents gave them a 5 day cruise to Key West and Nassau/Bahama's for their wedding gift.

He called me from Key West on Monday. They were having a good time.

But apparently the captain of their ship does not know how to dock his ship in Nassau. He hit the ground with a main propellor and they had to abandon their trip to Nassau/Bahama's.

He just called me. They are okay but pretty peeved. The cruise line has given them $100.00 ON SHIP credit. WTF. And they get 25% off their next cruise. Steele says he might go on another cruise but not with this cruise line.

Well, I told him that this was all his luck. We laughed but yeah...his vacation sucked. They were bored and are happy to be getting back home tomorrow.

Happy sailing!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    $100 on ship credit and 25% off their next cruise? that's bs. how much did it cost her parents? and what cruise company thing was it?

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I have no idea how much it cost Melinda's parents but some people had complained that they had spent $3000 or more to go to the Bahamas. It was Carnival Cruise Line.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eh, when i took a five day cruise with jq, it cost $600 for both of us.... the price depends on how close to the date of departure you book.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I don't know how much Melinda's parents spent on it but I know some people on that cruise spent $3000+ on their tickets.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home