What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fun when bored...

Okay so ya'll know (or maybe not) that I am a romance novel junkie. Yeah. I said it. I am addicted. :) Hey, they are great reads. I do NOT read the trashy ones....yes there is a difference between the ones I read and the trasy ones. But I will not go into that right now.

Elizabeth has turned me onto a new author. Damn her. :) She is the one who got me addicted to romance novels in the first place. What was it....three summers ago I think. Laurell K. Hamilton is my new addiction. She has a series of books called the "Anita Blake Vampire Hunter" novels. I just finished book two tonight ("The Laughing Corpse") and will start book three ("Circus of the Damned") as soon as I get a chance.

To describe these books is hard. They are drama. They are mystery. They are thrilling. Okay...here is a good describer--Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Anne Rice. Yeah...that about sums Anita Blake up.

They are like Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles with a little cheekiness. There is, so far, a love hate relationship between Anita, who is a vampire hunter, and the Master Vampire, Jean Claude. It reminds me a lot of Mulder and Scully's relationship in X-Files.

If you liked Buffy and like Anne Rice, I highly recommend reading these books. They are great but you HAVE to read them in order. Go....get them. Read. Talk to me.

:)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Jamie said…

    Addicted to Romance Novels and NASCAR? You're a strange cat Ms. Heather :-)

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I know I'm strange, but hey...it makes me ME! Hehe.

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home