What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Friday, August 19, 2005

Tornadoes hit South Central Wisconsin

So, we had expected to get rain last night but nothing like the storms we got. I hadn't even realized anything was awry with the weather until I heard the Tornado Sirens going off. Of course, I then ran into the living room to turn on the news. At one point, I heard that a tornado was moving at 25 miles an hour over parts of Richland County (just west of here). That's fast!

The tornadoes seemed to miss Madison this time but really devastated Stoughton (a town in Dane County, just to the east of us..not far at all). There was a lot of damage in Stoughton. They still aren't letting people back into certain areas because of all the damage and down powerlines. But there was only one fatality through all of this. I suppose that is a good thing...it could have been much worse.

Photo Credit: NBC15 Viewer

Needless to say, Governor Jim Doyle has declared Dane (Stoughton) County and Richland County a state of emergency.

Matt and I made it through the storms just fine so don't worry about us. We actually got a 6:58 a.m. phone call from Great Aunt Margie to check on us this morning. Scared me to death...thought someone had died or something....lol.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Ah...according to the news just now, the tornado that hit Stoughton (the picture on my blog) was a very strong F3.

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Apparently there were about 26 or so tornadoes that hit South Central Wisconsin last night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home