What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Batman Begins

Matthew, Alanna, and I went to see "Batman Begins" yesterday. It was actually pretty good. I had no great expectations for it, partly because I have not really liked any of the other Batman movies.

I feel that Christopher Nolan and David Goyer did a great job explaining Bruce Wayne's past. Sometimes I feel that background stories are weak and lacking information. It's almost like they really did not want to put the information in the movie but had to. In the case of "Batman Begins," they did a wonderful job. I know they probably explained why Batman is Batman in previous movies, but I never understood it until I saw this movie.

I also have to give kudo's for the casting. I always loved how Michael Gough played Alfred in the previous movies. But I have to say that Michael Caine did a superb job. I just love him. I really do think he's a great actor. I also have to give kudo's over Gary Oldman's portrayal of Lieutenant Gordon (later known as Commissioner Gordon). Gary Oldman is also a great actor and did a wonderful job in this movie. Can't wait to see him again in the next Harry Potter movie. As much as I thought the cast was great, I do think they could have made Katie Holmes' character, Rachel Dawes, a bit stronger. She just is not a convincing actress to me.

So anyway...I do recommend seeing this movie. I hope you enjoy it. I think Christian Bale is my new favorite Batman. He did a wonderful job.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home