What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Thursday, June 09, 2005

What's that smell?

The Titum Arum started blooming at 12:30 p.m. the University of Wisconsin-Madison today. What is the Titum Arum? Well, apparently it is a very stinky flower. It is also called the carion flower. Yeah...can't you just smell it? Stinky huh?

This actually reminds me of a childhood moment. When I was growing up, my mom had this really stinky plant she called a carion plant. We hated the flower, although it was beautiful it was very pungent, but our chow-chow, Ted E. Bear, loved it. He actually killed it one summer by rolling around on it, in it's pot on our deck. My mom was upset because it was apparently an ireplaceable plant. I didn't like it because it made the backyard stink. It really did smell like a dead and rotting animal or something. Gag!!!

You can watch the Titum Arum bloom online by clicking here.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home