What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Only in the South...

More precise...only in Georgia. The Redneck Games will be celebrating their 10th anniversary this year. I learned about the Redneck Games through Yahoo's Odd News. I love reading these articles because they just make me laugh. I recommend reading the Odd News every few days...it really makes you laugh....and sometimes makes you think.."why on Earth would someone do something like that?" It's so much fun.

According to the Yahoo article, these games were thought up as an Olympic publicity stunt (for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics) but it caught on and have been building a following every year since. The Redneck Games have even gotten coverage from MTV to the BBC. If you want to read more about it, and I recommend you do, click here.

Viva la Rednecks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home