What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Saturday, June 18, 2005

He Finally Did It!!!

Well...after 11 years, Matthew has finally proposed to me. Wednesday, June 16th was our anniversary of when we started dating back in highschool...11 years ago. He took me to this wonderful French restaurant called L'Etoile. It was very nice and the longest dinner I have ever sat down to eat. Our reservations were for 7:30 and we finished at 9:45-ish. The food was wonderful too.

After dinner we took a walk around the capital and down to Lake Monona. It was such a beautiful night too. Not too cold and not too hot. I think it was in the upper 60's. We walked up to the rooftop of the Monona Terrace, which is beautifully situated on Lake Monona. It was so beautiful. Matt got down on one knee and asked me the million dollar question..."will you marry me and be my wife?" I started crying. It was so beautiful. We got my ring at Kay Jewlers and had my momma's diamond from her engagement ring placed in a new setting. It is really pretty and I am so excited to finally have it on my hand.



My ring...sorry it's not a great picture.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home