What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Fitchburg Days

So we just got home from a wonderful fireworks display at Fitchburg Days. Fitchburg Days is a celebration of the Irish heritage of Fitchburg, Wisconsin. Actually it is the only Irish Festival in Dane County. According to my friend Elizabeth and her husband Jeff, Fitchburg Days has grown significantly over the past two years. Years past, it consisted of drunk hippies playing music. Now it constists of a midway, music, fireworks (second biggest in Dane County to Rhythm and Booms), and lots of carnival food. The only thing that made tonight's extravaganza Irish was some of the music. I did not see any Irish dancing or food in the tents and I am pretty sure that the beer they were serving was just local beer (maybe like Leinie's).

The fireworks display was awsome. I was very impressed and shocked. I was expecting lots of red and green, which happen to be two of the cheaper colors to make. But they had a lot of colors. It was spectacular. Wish I would have brought my camera to take pictures. There is always next year.

Till next time!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home