What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Monday, June 12, 2006

At the movies

The new Pixar movie "Cars" came out on Friday, June 9th (just in time for the last day of school for me). Matt and I went to the late show on Saturday night. I have been waiting for this movie to come out for months. I do not think Matt has been as excited about the movie as me. LOL.


Well, I have to say..."Cars" was all I expected. It was so funny. The voice casting was great. Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Paul Newman, Bonnie Hunt, Cheech Marin, and my personal favorites...Richard Petty and Darrell Waltrip and many more.

In case you have NO idea who Richard Petty and Darrel Waltrip are...you are obviously not a NASCAR fan. Richard Petty is one of the GREAT drivers of NASCAR. The Petty family have been racing since the beginning (and is still racing to this day). He raced NASCAR from 1975 until his retirement in 1992. Richard Petty is known as The King of NASCAR. Which was only fitting that Pixar asked him to do the voice of the #43 car "The King". Darrell Waltrip raced NASCAR from 1975 until 2000. He is an owner in the Craftsman Truck Series. Instead of racing cars, Darrell (known as DW to fans) is an announcer for NASCAR. His famous words are "Boogity, Boogity, Boogity." Watching "Cars" I was waiting for this to be heard because DW is the announcer for the race (Darrell Cartrip). I was not let down.

I think the most exciting thing to me about this movie was the fact that it was a racecar movie for kids (and adults too). Being a NASCAR fan, I felt that this was a great movie. Okay...not Oscar worthy but hey...it was fun. I recommend it to any NASCAR fan or anyone who wants to laugh a lot. There were so many hilarious lines in the movie (definitely for the adults in the audience...kids would not understand most of them). I laughed so hard. Watch the screen carefully...you'll see a lot of things that you would otherwise miss if you do not pay attention...but I will not give anything away. Also...stay through the credits.

Definitely a recommended movie on my part. Matt said it was not that bad (he laughed too)

Lets Go Racing!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home