What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Saturday, October 01, 2005

We did it!!!

Madison Area Buddy Walk's goal this year was to raise $50,000. We raised $62,000 and had 750 walkers. But these are just preliminary numbers. The official count has not come in yet. Photo's will be up on MADSS website soon. I, unfortunately, was too busy with registration and other work to take many pictures. I did get some black and whites but will not develop them until Monday. If there are any good ones, I'll post them either here or on my flickr page.

We had so much fun. This year, the Buddy Walk was held at Warner Park, where the Madison Mallards play baseball. It was great. The weather was beautiful and the sun was shining...my face is that proof...I look like a lobster.

When I find out the official numbers, I'll post them. We're supposed to be in the State Journal tomorrow. They had a photographer covering the whole walk from start to finish.

Will let you know the final details.

And again, I cannot thank all of you who donated to the Jay Walkers enough. You helped us surpass our goal of $2000.00. Thanks everyone!!!!

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home