What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Elkhorn, Wisconsin

I went to Elkhorn this weekend with my girlfriend, Alanna. We stayed with her parents and I had such a lovely time. We had planned on going to the Antique Flea Market today, but unfortunately the weather did not want us to go. But that's okay. On Saturday, we went to the Apple Barn. We bought apples, caramel apples, pear wine, apple cider donuts, a cookbook from the Walworth County 4H, and salsa for Matthew. It was great. Alanna actually picked out some neat gourds too.

We woke up this morning, planning on driving around Elkhorn and Lake Geneva. I also wanted to check out some of the cemeteries in the area. But while we were sitting at the breakfast table eating our apple cider donuts and drinking coffee, the rain started coming in. It was such a beautiful sight and sound to hear the rain coming through the trees again. I remember the sound of the rain coming through the trees when I was little. It was beautiful. All the weeping willows bowing to the weight of the rain. The rain dripping from the trees and the awnings from the house. It was so peaceful. I wish I would have gotten my camera out and taken some pictures but I just could not move. It was definitely one of those special moments. Know what I mean?

We did get to some cemeteries. I actually probably spent too much time in the one just walking around in the rain. It was so peaceful. Alanna was walking around with me with her umbrella. She kept trying to put it over me. I didn't want it. Sometimes you just have to walk in the rain. Get wet. Be one with your surroundings. We did leave as it started to really pour and I feel bad that I ran across so many graves. I should have walked around but we were hurrying to get back to the car...no excuse though. When I get the pictures back, I'll post them.

Till next time! :)

Peace

1 Comments:

  • At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm.... so normal people buy apples n such.... ah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home