What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thundersnow

Okay...so I thought I was seeing and hearing things this morning when I was on the phone with my mother but I guess I was not. Between 9:30 and 10:00 I swore I saw flashes of lightening and heard thunder. But how could that be? I decided that the thunder sounds were just the wind and the lightening was due to snowplows (which at 5:17 p.m. still have not touched a plow to our street or our parking lot). Well, apparently it is an unusual phenomenon called "thundersnow." I was not the only person who saw it this morning either. People must have contacted WISC-TV wanting to know what was going on. The definition they gave me on WISC-TV was not clear so I googled it. Apparently thundersnow is:

a particularly rare meteorological phenomenon that includes the typical behavior of a thunderstorm but with snow falling as the primary precipitation instead of rain. (-en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow)

I am so glad that I am not crazy. Thank you WISC-TV for letting me know that I am still sane and not seeing or hearing things (this time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home