What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snow Day

Well, it's official. Madison Public Schools cancelled school because of inclinement weather. This has not happened for at least 5 years according to the morning news. That's a wow in my book. Madison usually does not close school because of snow (we have a large amount of homeless children and latch-key kids). We are a fairly large city and have lots of snowplows that keep the main roads open. They closed the schools today, not because of the snow we got over night, but because of the snow we got this morning. They called it "whiteout conditions," which means the snow is so dense that visibility is very low to none.

We are supposed to be getting snow through tonight. By the end of it, we should have 9-13 inches of snow on the ground. I have no idea how much snow we have gotten so far, and I cannot seem to find it on any of the news stations. I guess they will release that when it's all over with. I know it will not be anything like New York and the East Coast got this past weekend.

I will find out if school is closed on Friday, tomorrow morning. They will release that information at 6 a.m. So I guess I will be up early again to find out if I have to go to school. Yeah! I do have to say that I am kind of glad school was canceled today because I was dreading recess duty this morning. I really did not want to go outside with the children in the snow today. So, as Martha says, It's a good thing. :)

I may venture out later today or tomorrow to take photo's. If I do, I will post an update and let my readers know I have pictures.

Edgewood College even closed today (well, a little late...10 a.m.). Makes me wonder if anyone actually showed up to classes and work today for them to actually close.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home