What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fun with Fondant

Okay, so I had a mini vacation this weekend and went to stay in Grafton, WI with my friend Sarah and her family. We had a lot of fun and I helped her experiment with cake. She wanted to so a special cake for her daughter's, Teagan, birthday coming up in a week. She decided to try to make homemade Fondant and layer it over the cake. In case you do not know what fondant is, here is a definition from Google:

...a sweet icing made from sugar, syrup and gelatin that has supple qualities which enable a layer to be draped over the wedding cake like a fabric.

So we baked a chocolate cake and then experiemented with a recipe for fondant that she had. It was frustrating at first because the consistency just was not right. But we finally got it right and the cake turned out so cute. It took us three hours to put this cake together and we did not even get to taste it. We brought it to her next door neighbor (who loves sweets) to give us his opinion. We are still waiting for his thoughts.

We both thought it looked like it was decora
ted with colorful play dough. LOL. What do you think?

Chow for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home