What's On My Mind Today?

"You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one" --John Lennon

Friday, June 03, 2005

Silly things

Okay, so on my way home from taking Matthew back to work, I passed these 5 middle aged men sitting in their yard, beers in hand, in their lawn chairs watching some guys smooth the cement on their driveway. An hour ago, they were watching these guys pour the cement. How bored to you have to be to watch some hired guys pour and smooth cement? Silly little old men.

Haha!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe it happens with age, or maybe it happens in an age, but I find the thought of those "old men" rather charming. Nobody stops to smell the roses anymore, everything is hurry, hurry, do it now. To see people working at their craft, especially if they are good at it always fasinates me. Don't you ever wonder how things get done? I am watching them build a 4 lane road and when it gets in front of my house, I just might drag out the old lawn chairs and invite the neighbors.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Well, I do have to admit that they guys pouring the cement were rather good looking. But don't you think that they guys who were working thought it was weird or maybe "shit! we can't mess this one up" or "damn...we can't hide the dead hooker under this slab." LOL...just kidding.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home